View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 06:13 PM

Had a change of plans this morning. The gf and I were supposed to get after pike this weekend but she put her back out. The area I fish has no cel service and I didn't want to be out of cel range to duck out for a couple hours while she was sleeping. So I went back to my usual trout haunt. I arrived 1/2 hr before daybreak, punched holes in a new location, located the spot I wanted to put the tent and set up. As I was setting up the aquaview the jigging jawjacker next to me went off. I thought I must have hit it with my foot but when I turned to look the rod suddenly bent down. FISH ON!! A couple minutes later a chunky 2lb brook trout was laying on the ice. I reset the line. I finished setting up the aquaview in time to see a school of chunky brookies circling my jig. I grabbed my phone to video and as they moved off a rainbow moved in and I was able to video it inhaling the jig. FISH ON AGAIN! I landed the bow, it measured 18" and weighed 3lbs-3oz. After resetting I watched a few more brookies cruise by. Nothing hit over the next 1/2 hr and then I heard the jawjacker outside the tent fire. Fish # 3 was on. I iced a real pretty male bow that measured 18 3/4" @ 3lb-13oz. That was it, limited out by 9am! I packed up and headed home early to spend the day with the gf. I cleaned the fish and gave them to our neighbours as they love fish and can no longer fish as he has been struck with some disorder they cannot diagnose and has lost all feeling and mobility in his legs and innin a year has gone from being able to walk to being in a wheelchair. They sure looked happy with the bag of filets.
With it being so mild today we topped the day off by BBQ'n some venison burgers from her 2020 whitetail buck. What a great way to top off a couple days of great trout action.

Last edited by Frank_NK28; 01-01-2022 at 09:10 AM.