View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 11:11 PM

Default Finally caved in.

Read the title of this thread when it first started and I thought yea yea yea another “flavor of the day” thing that someone is pushing and not once did I open it up. The thread kept popping up and me being on the stubborn side said nope not doing it and scrolled on by. Well after 3 months and roughly 10 days I caved and had to click on it and when I did I read it from beginning to end. Then it was off to the internet to do some more checking. Threw the idea out to the wife and she said that she had heard of it before and together we checked it out some more (she’s my google guru, always find things hidden in corners)and we decided to give it a go.
Started last Saturday and it took me about 3 days to get into Keto. I find I have to drink lots of water otherwise I start getting skull cramps. Cravings for sugar and food are almost gone. Sleeping like a log. We don’t have a weigh scale so the app that I have I entered all my measurements. Going to wait a month then measure again.
It’s a whole different deal being able to eat fat. Going to camp for 10 days and I’m hoping that the food selection will be ok. I will stay with it though and deal with what’s available. It’s fairly warm inside the mountain so I’m going take lots of electrolytes and ground up Pink Himalayan salt to put in my water. My goal is to get down to 190 lbs. Starting at 240.
All because I didn’t scroll by.