View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Eagle View Post
I am also interested in this topic. One quick one for me. If you take the setup out fishing on a lake is it rough? My wife gets sick quite easily and wanted to see if this may be an option. Not worried about it on the River as it is much smoother than a lake for the most part.
If you want a boat for rougher water they aren’t the best because for the most part the ride on top of the water. I haven’t been out in really rough stuff but I’ve been in enough boats to know they wouldn’t be a lot of fun. I’ve been through sections of rapids on the Athabasca where there was 3’ of chop and I made it through but the guy in the front of the boat wasn’t having a fun time. But, they can run in 4” of water all day and make it through sections only a few inches deep.

I ran one of the local rivers late last August and through to November when there was very little water in it and I was one of the only boats on it. I did see other boats but never 2 days in a row and one guy would have spent a few bucks replacing Teflon after following me for a ways…

I sold my 380 in the fall after hitting/scraping bottom a few hundred times and the hull was still in excellent shape and it didn’t have the heavy-duty bottom on it. I have a new 420 Solar Expedition with all the extras for this year.