View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves View Post
Surprised Tree hasn't posted yet
Go figure, eh? Sorry, did a backyard camping adventure with the kids, rain and a smokey firepit last night. Fun, but a bit exhausting.

Ya know, as bizzare as my real life is, my hunting stories are fairly tame for some reason. However, I will tell ya a gooder from a friend of mine who is a fellow 'tree guy', and just another freakin' maniac!

Picture it...............solo hunting trip into K-country in a full on foot cast. Although I fail to recall the injury (either a shattered heel or severed achillies). Regardless, my bud has a mulie tag and somehow manages to get his butt up on the rock above the treeline.

Well doesn't he see a real hog of a black bear above him. As he has a tag for it, he decides to take the shot. Here's where the problems begin..........

The bear is steeply uphill of him and accending. Although laying prone over a large rock gave him a steady rest, his casted foot was having trouble getting a solid brace. Long story short, foot slipped during high upward angle shot and he 'scoped' the sh*t out of himself!

Did you know there was a tiny artery in that area?

Needless to say, by the time he got down to the truck he was absolutly covered from head to toe in his own blood.

Here's where it gets funny. In the parking area, he ran into a flyfisherman from the city with all the latest gear brand new. "Oh my God! What happened?!!"

My bud looks him square in the eye, and simply says, "Bear!". Jumped in his truck and left! Dude ended up passing him in the highway!

THEN, after getting stiched up in Calgary, he heads BACK out! Goes way up high again and ends up drilling a nice mulie buck that tumbled down the back side of the ridge to the bottem. Took him 5 hours to get it out! It takes a few 'unusual' characteristics to make a good 'tree guy', that is for sure!

Tree