View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by *BigSexyHunter* View Post
I now understand the difference between Adaptation and Evolution. So going back to my wolf example... A litter of pups is born, 3 have long legs and 4 have short ones, the wolves with short legs die off and the wolves with long legs live, the "short leg" genes are now out of the ecosystem and the only ones that breed the population are the "long leg" genes... Correct me if im wrong XD

But still a wolf always will be a wolf! I did not come from a monkey ape chimpanzee elephant fish lizard chicken... Need I go on! So we are close in DNA, maybe even related! But no human was ever a chimpanzee
\

But...through selective breeding we can breed wolves with other wolves to the point where they become...dogs.
Like the Russians did with foxes.

And nobody credible ever claimed that humans were ever chimps.
That has long been the claim of those who oppose evolutionary theory but it is nothing more than a claim laced with bias to ensure maximum impact.

The claim is that chimps are our closest biological relatives and that we shared a closely related ancestory.

The idea being that we are descendants of a similar ape species that evolved to what we are today.... not that one group of chimps evolved while another did not.

Similarly nobody is claiming that your house cat is descendant from a group of African Lions that evolved independant of its biologically identical wild relatives.
Rather house cats are the product of certain wild cat species that evolved in a different direction than other species and then were further influenced by selective breeding.