View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 09:23 AM

I completed this course earlier this week and have to say I agree with just about everything that has been posted about it. It is true that you can take the course in person and for free, at the AHEIA, but I just don't have the ability to parcel 2 evenings AND a whole weekend towards the course. I'm sure that a lot of other people are in the same situation and it is a fantastic thing that I was able to take it online and at my convenience. I too found that the minimum times needed for some modules is far too long, but at the same time I do understand that minimum time requirements must be met. As someone who has very little experience with wildlife and no experience hunting, I found the information very relevant and I learned tonnes of stuff. In no way do I believe that I am ready to hunt on my own, or that this course is a substitute for actual field experience, but I am very happy that I have met the legal requrements and have had some basic knowledge provided for me. As to the issue of cheating, if anybody does do that they are only cheating and ultimately messiong themselves up. When they shoot and kill the wrong species of animal they will wish that they hadn't cheated.

Oh and kaybob, all that is saying is as of 2010, a first time hunter has to take the actual course and then write the exam, and that just studying on your own and challenging the exam is no longer acceptable.

Niksa