View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 04:20 PM

I would be scared to know how much I save reloading...only cause I would need to figure out what I spent!! I load at least 80 rounds a month of 300rum, 20-30 300wsm, 20-30 325wsm, plus some other randoms (223wssm, .223 etc). I also load for a few friends, they buy the components and drop them off, I usually charge them dinner or something for loading 50 rounds, but I think the price might need a 2009 adjustment like everything else.

The biggest advantage of reloading is you can shoot the bullet you want for the task at hand and have it tuned to your rifle, but this does require time and money. In a few rifles this can make a big difference, I have loaded for guys that thought thier rifle was just fine at 2 inch groups with super-x, but once they tried some tuned loads, that stay around an inch, they would never go back.

If you looked at just the 300rum it costs me 1.5 pounds of powder ($55), 2 boxes of nosler 200gr accubonds ($90), 200 primers ($11) a month. Of course to buy 100 rounds locally I would be looking at almost $500, instead of $156. Not to mention you can't buy those bullets factory loaded and my loads are tuned for my rifle. If you start shooting more, or shoot a few calibers the savings start to add up.