View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little red riding hood View Post
Any objection to chain gangs??
Why not, rather than parking them in a cell on tax dollars, chain a bunch of them together to form a skirmish line and clean up our highways.

A few days of sweating in the sun would likely sober them up and perhaps they would rather go get a job when they get out.
I believe in rehabilitation, but just to park them in jail with a bunch of like minded fools, so they can make new contacts and such... is a joke! It's a drain on the economy and does no good for those incarcerated.

I'm with you 100% on this. The jailbirds could be cleaning up ditches, building ATV bridges and out houses in the West Country, and countless other tasks that would help the rest of us and give them a sense of purpose. But our government, unions, and bleeding heart population would think of it as forced labour and never let it fly.

I was at a horseshow in Texas a few years ago where the prisoners were cleaning the grounds and shovelling out stalls.

Gerry Burnie