View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckCuller View Post
I try to stay away from deeply troubled criminal individuals myself. I’ve seen it to many time where some nice individual offers a helping hand and gets taken advantage of even robbed by the same recovering person they were helping this includes their own children. I stay away from them for my own families good so we don’t get drug down while trying to lift them up. I’ve disassociate myself from a few people for this very reason.
If you think you can try to convince me that most recovering criminals and addicts are saints you are mistaken because I know better.
I understand where you are coming from and you are not wrong. From personal experience I know that an addict or an alcoholic will take advantage of anyone and everyone in order to get his/her fix and that is just the way it is. There are many good people with good intentions that get burned and some get burned several times trying to help. For some addicts, but not all there comes a point when they realize that they need help. When or if that point comes the addict or alcoholic will probably not succeed if there is no help.

Someone on an earlier post mentioned meetings where addicts and or alcoholics attend. There you will see some who have been sober or decades and some for just a few days or in some cases only hours. Some speak or testify as to their sobriety and you may hear stories of many that tried many times before they were able to maintain their sobriety. Those who have maintained their sobriety will all say that their success was due to help from someone that would not give up on them.

I am not saying that we should all go out of our way to help a druggie or a drunk. That would only result in many getting burned if one does not know how to help. I am saying that there is help for those who want help and that is probably left for those that know what they are doing.

I am also saying and I repeat, I know many that have done what it takes to become decent human beings and with help have become very fine people.

I have no use for addicts or drunks but once they are no longer addicts and drunks I prefer to judge them for who they are and not what they were.