View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 04:35 PM

resurrecting this old thread from a Google search.....
So I'd heard tell/read of this infamous moose roar previously,but 40+ years as an avid hunter/trapper/angler and easily hundreds of moose encounters,I'd never heard this roar until today and WOW!!😮
Hunting WT today near Swan Hills and creeping through a mature stand of old growth spruce/poplar mix,i bumped a deer.It ran off and then a few seconds later the most unGodly half terrifying hybrid grizzly bear/samsquantch roar came from 75-100(?) yards in the cover....OMFG talk about make the hair stand up on your neck!!
I presumed right away that it was this fabled moose roar i'd read about....otherwise I'd have turned and run da hell outta there,lol....might have assumed it was a Pd off grizzly if I had never heard tell of this moose roar thing,my God,what an awful racket!!
Never did see if it was a bull or a cow but it roared at least 12-15x from 100y away,then i could hear it moving off and continued to roar another 5-6x til it was what sounded like 2-300yards off....what an angry sounding animal!!
Best I can describe was something between a loud bark and bear roar with a growl at the end some times,but it was so loud even at 100(?) yards it just goes right thru ya....pretty cool experience!😎