View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Carts27 - I understand that 6.5 x 284 barrel accuracy can fall off between 800 - 1000 rounds so if you are a high volume shooter, that is something you may wish to consider. Most hunting rifles never get that many rounds fired over twenty years so it may not be important. An F-class shooter I know said he washed one out in about 750 rounds shooting completions which I understand can drive a barrel pretty hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carts27 View Post
I heard the same thing, this rifle will be a long range hunting rifle, if I manage to burn the barrel out hunting that wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit, well unless I can hit anything with it. Appreciate the heads up tho.
Browning has some info on their barrels being chrome lined, and having really good barrel life in comparison to the average barrel, I think like 3 or 4 times longer life than average.

If you go with a 6.5-284 and are concerned about barrel life, you may want to consider using a browning barrel, or browning rifle for a starting point.

Edit, looks like they may not being doing that except on their 26 nosler now, an alternative .26 caliber though.

Check out their website for info on that.

Last edited by cody c; 12-07-2017 at 09:28 AM.