View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
Wow. Sort of insulted ROA. I have not been brainwashed. I merely posed the questions and gave my own opinion.

I know there are anglers that are involved in targeting and tagging the sturgeon. While these anglers most likely enjoy the opportunity their mandate is to tag the fish for reasons other than pleasure.

I know that some sturgeon are caught on pickerel rigs but typically those rigs are not attached to 30+ lb. lines resulting in the sturgeon breaking off. The sturgeon are considered incidental and not the targeted species. My questions regarded specifically targeting the sturgeon.

F-Train 22 and Wayne Christie at least offer suggestions like a fish handling requirement with a licence, fixed weight restrictions and break away weights. Wayne also mentioned that sturgeon fishing is not closed, just retention is. I wonder if Wayne Christie would maybe answer this. Were you coached on the handling of the sturgeon you tag by F&W? And Wayne, you mentioned the same fish caught 3 times in 2 days...In your opinion do you think this fish was at all stressed by the third time caught?

Like I said at the start.. I am not playing devil's advocate but merely posing some questions. Like I mentioned other provinces have a sterner approach to the recovery programs. And thanks to those that choose to respond to my post and are willing to have an open discussion. Even ROA.
I don't think you know what playing the devils advocate means.

Anyways I completely disagree. Better training, maybe a blurb in the regs on the importance of proper handling but that's it. Can't wait to go sturgeon fishing.