View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteed17 View Post
Simple math. 3800 people apply for 15 tags in cadomin. Put the all sheep on draw and that number will double because people like to apply for everything. We don't have tens of thousands of sheep like we do mule deer so they can't give out thousands of tags to keep wait times reasonable. Tell me how it would be different?
438 is a separate draw code, lottery tag. Put all other 400 zones on draw and that will be a different code, separated by WMU's. How many general tags sold last year? (I'm feeling lazy right now and don't want to look). Think I saw a number of 2000 thrown out there. So safe to assume probably around 2000 draw applicants then? What was last years harvest? Once again, lazy, so lets say 150. Let's say if harvest was dropped to approx. 100 rams, should provide a better quality hunt in terms of trophy size in a couple years. That is a third less rams harvested, and that theoretically being done by reducing number of tags from 2000 to 1400. Remember success rates are pretty low on sheep. 1400 tags being applied for by 2000 hunters. Hardly once in a lifetime. These are just numbers thrown out there mind you.
Simple math