View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter1234 View Post
Ok guys... I hate to be THAT guy but here it goes. I’m in need of some advise on bull moose in Nov in these two zones. Due to fires in 539 last year we had to change our plans and plan our yearly moose march north. My son and myself have a bull tag in each of these zones for the late season. Now here lays or next problem, having spent the last 7 weeks sitting beside my brother in ICU while he recovers from a very long stay with heart surgery I have not had any time to get up there and do any kind of scouting and the boss is now telling me it’s time to get back to work I’m not sure if we will haul a camp up or just hotel it out of Red Earth Creek, but I’m thinking of looking at the area between Red Earth and Trout Lake along hi-way 686. Not looking for anyone’s honey holes but just a general idea of if we are looking at a decent area or should we be looking elsewhere? Feel free to PM me if you would sooner. I know and have hunted the south part of the province for over 40 years and can also help anyone out that need advise down here.

Jim...
I live in Red Earth and have travelled the peerless road for 30 years I have seen very few moose, better off going north of Red Earth on hwy 88 and that is a long shot as well