View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter1234 View Post
Thanks for the info.. these are undersubscribed tags we picked up, mine in 542 and my sons in 541. If nothing else we will go spend a week up there and learn some new country.

Jim..
I have had decent luck in 542 off of the 88, the Wab highway is pretty much a write off IMO. Look on a topo and google earth to try to find high ground, both of these areas are predominantly muskeg and swamp, so high ground is often a commodity for game animals, especially in late season. In both zones high ground will be pretty subtle, a hill that can create a moose pocket will quite often be too small to show up on a topo, so looking at the forest growth on Google earth can often lead one to high ground better than a topo. As was made clear before, cover as much ground as possible and don't look for moose, look for tracks.

I typically do not spend any daylight hours in a vehicle or on a quad when hunting, but for this type of hunt you are typically going to have to cover way more ground in a day than is possible on foot to be successful. Infact, I have often headed out way before legal shooting light, just to run roads and look for tracks.

Last edited by Bushleague; 09-21-2019 at 08:09 PM.