View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
Short answer is yes. Long answer is get at least three reloading books / manuals and read them. It's a good idea to find a mentor to show you and work with you the first few times. Reloading is easy enough a 10 year old could probably do it but there is a certain amount of knowledge needed to do it safely. Not being rude but if you put handloading knowledge on a scale from one to one hundred, based on your your question you would be a 6-8. It's not a SLIGHT at all it's actually a good thing. you just don't want to jump right in building ammo without learning a bit more first. Accidents are real and can be life changing.

You bet and i do put safety first , so having said that I need to be precaution before getting into reloading is actually an appreciated answer, thank you man.

My other question is this : a lot of reloading manual including Lyman 48th, Hornady 10th revision, Nosler, etc don’t mention all the bullets types in the market and their powder amount needed for a specific velocity. So for instance I am trying to reload my Federal power shok 30-06 180 gr SP with Federal Premium Vital Shok Ammunition - 180 grain Trophy Bonded Tip bullets, and Lyman 48th Manuel does not mention any Federal ammunition that are tested for the 30-06 cartridge. So where do I get the data sheet for that specific bullet type and cartridge name??? Do you have the Lyman 50th edition book ? I could not find it PDF online .

Thank you indeed for your assistance, much appreciated.

Cheers [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone XS 256 using Tapatalk