View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwinchg View Post
I have a friend that uses this software and I hope to get it someday. QuickLoad can be amazingly accurate but it does have a learning curve. One shouldn't use this software to replace handload books, consider using both !!!The software gets you in the "ballpark" with calculations.

Discrepancy between Quickload and observed data : https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=551296

The ballpark thing:
COL and freebore - every rifle chamber is unique in dimension, some have very long throats and others don't - depends on cartridge & action. The software does estimate PSI of a powder load which can indicate a potential over pressure. Quickload and observed data at the range can be different - many variables to carefully consider !!! Question for a quickload expert: I am not sure if there are parameters in the software to calculate bore pressure based on COL, chamber length ?

No expert,but yes QL will estimate the chamber and muzzle pressure according to COL. This must be verified by chronograph and the powder burn rate adjusted to match the actual velocity. It also provides load densities and amount of powder burnt plus much more.
Attached is a photo of the main work page
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Quickload 001 (800x600).jpg (55.1 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by Salavee; 08-13-2018 at 08:36 PM.