View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 09:43 PM

Default Regenerative Stem Cell & PRP Treatments - Update - Nov 22, 2021

Wondering if others here have had Stem Cell injections and what was your experience, did it last longer than cortisone & would you do it again ?

My story …. was in a car crash in MB in 1983, got rear ended bad.

Today I went back to the CAPRI clinic (Central Alberta Pain & Rehab Inst) in Lacombe.

Had my second cortisone injection into my L4/5 & L5/S1 facet joints in my lower back, first time was in July, I got 4 months of pain relief, now I’m back taking Advil or Aleve.

For my next appointment in April 2018, I decided to give the “Stem Cell” option a try, where they extract my bone marrow & stem cells from my pelvis area separate it in a centrifuge and then inject my cells into the same four damaged locations and they regenerate around the damaged cartilage/nerve area.

The Doc said for some of his patients this treatment has been very effective in the back/spine vs knee or other joints and his patients are experiencing more lasting relieve & progressively gets better after 4-6 months and patients say they have seen improvements up to a year. Then he said there hasn’t been enough science/studies to say I will see similar improvements.

Was very impressed with Dr. R. Burnham and Dr. L Playfair, they said, the procedure isn’t covered by Health Care, cost quoted was $2,300.00 they will take my Master Card.

Tks in advance, look forward to some feedback & replies ….

David