View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsik View Post
that's totally stupid. the law as it is written forbids officers to go to the range while off duty with the very same firearms they strap on while on duty? what moron added that to the criminal code? forgive me if any members here are offended by my rant.
Many of the firearms PEO's use are actually illegal for Civilians, and many LEO's in Canada do not have an RPAL to begin with.
When an officer is off duty , he must abide by the the law, although many do not.
if they are on our range they must be in uniform and authorized by their duty RSO, as in training or testing.
Some really stupid and unsafe stunts were cause buy the RCMP at our range in years past, some off duty and some on duty.
This resulted in our banning them from our range for a number of years unless they were members as civilians and it caused a big riff between them and us.
Since then, their RSO as well as their attitude have changed , and we once again have a very good relationship with them.
Cat