View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltye View Post
Have read all the threads on here about the boat launch situation and it don't sound like there is one here(marten river campground), there was no definite answer as to the best one around. We are headed up there July.4, hoping the floods clean up but where would we go to launch our boats. My buddy and i have 20' boats, any advise would be fantastic thanks.
The nearest place you are going to get a 20 foot boat in is at the Slave Lake launch... and leaving them in the water off Martin River overnight is potentially going to cause you major problems. I would recommend using a different campground.

Much of Slave Lake is ruled by 12 foot tinners, despite what many gear heads will try and tell you. For Martin Beach and plenty of other areas that are a long ways from a decent launch, any boat that you cant drag completely out of the water when needed is going to come to a bad end.