View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 11:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
Funny because the first thing I thought was we’d hear more waxing poetic about the virtues of a Grendel from Stinky Coyote (aren’t they all stinky, can we just call you coyote?)
Kinda in the same boat where I’m looking for something I could blast off at the range for much cheaper than my big game rifles. What I don’t like about the 223 for me is it is pretty much just a range gun and not for hunting, aside from the occasional coyote. I’d love a Grendel for its multi purpose and low recoil. But the cost to feed the 223 is just so tough to argue against. And to not have another cartridge to take my time with reloading is a big factor for me.
Lol, i'll recommend it where i think it's a good choice. It's versatility is hard to ignore, when you really look at all it can do it's got a very broad range of uses and appeal.

And ya, if the mods will change my name to Coyote i'd be ok with that, i was about the oxymoron's when i signed up back in 2007 i guess.

As for the reloading, i don't know personally as i don't reload but if a cartridge finally does get me into that, it will be the Grendel. I understand like other new 6.5's it's real easy to reload for and find loads quickly. It's been around since 2004, gobs of reload data on the 6.5 Grendel Forum and other typical gun/hunting forums. It's wildly popular in the usa. Also...factory ammo is 52,000 psi for auto-loaders, you can get another 100 fps out of it reloading for bolt guns as you can run higher pressures. So i've read anyway.

For this thread, and assuming factory ammo still, pretty tough to beat the white box .223 and a readily available/affordable/accurate bolt gun from variety of the usual manufacturers.