View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 11:25 AM
Banned

look at a ruger pc carbine perhaps?

the types of target shooting you're most into could be a consideration, ie; distances you like to play, steel or paper...you may like a louder impact on steel targets, also maybe you want to feel a bit of recoil or 'real gun' feel when you touch the trigger off?

but ya start with the most common ammo choices in the world as price and availability will be best with those

the 9mm is the most common pistol caliber in the world and lots of bulk availability at good price per round, and the little carbines sure look like a lot of fun, i'll have to have one soon but effective ranges shorter like a .22 lr, up to 100 yards but you can still have fun hitting steal further than that

.223 would be one that would go long better, 300 yards and beyond (good for coyote hunting also)

7.62x39 might be another, get you to 200 yards, good for some big game to say 150 yards

the .22 lr would be hands down the most affordable powder burning shooter, similar ranges to the 9mm

i think those are the top choices, i'd probably go for 9mm over the rimfire magnums myself