View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 12:55 PM

Several years ago, my family went snowmobiling to long island lake. We were the only ones in the staging lot, and almost ready to go when 2 more rigs pulled in. One of the fellows came over and asked us if were familiar with the area, I said no, first time here. He invited us to ride with them. Great! So we did.
Stopped for a break a while later and we all got to talking. We figured out the fellow who introduced himself was a 'friend' on another forum. Then we started sharing names. The other guy recognized my last name, and asked me if I knew so and so. I said yes, he's my dad. How do you know him? He serviced my dads company's alarm. Well my wife worked for that same alarm company and turned out those 2 worked together like 10 years before.

Another happened when we bought our trailer. We found the perfect unit in the spring and went to buy it, but were turned down for financing because we were carrying 2 mortgages at the time (another story). So got our deposit back and went on our way.
Life sorted its way out and by fall we had resigned ourselves to the upcoming winter season. Driving by the RV dealership we noticed another trailer that looked similar to the one we wanted. We stopped in, asked a rep to show it to us. We figured out pretty quick its the same unit we wanted to buy in the spring. The rep was very confused, as bunk model 5th wheels were basically sold the day the arrived on the lot, how did this one last the whole summer? Turns out, it was misplaced and a lot monkey moved it to the service lot, and the office never took our deposit off it. We happily drove it home 2 days later!