View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 08:32 AM

When you are getting custom gunsmithing work done, you should not be worried what part of the province the gunsmith is in. That gun is going to cost no more than $30 for shipping each way regardless of where you live in the province. I know what I would be doing if I were in your shoes. I'd be picking up the phone and talking with KS Arms in Edmonton, telling them what I want, and then listening attentively as they give me their suggestion. There are others that are also good, and some have been mentioned. David Henry out of Bentley is another I would recommend equally. I've been on this board for a while. I have read basically every word on gunsmiths since I have joined. I have had stellar work done by some, and others not so much. I have listened to many, many reviews from friends who have used these two people also. No offence, but re-barreling a model 70 is child's play for a real gunsmith. However, there are lots who call themselves such, but should not be doing so. The two I have mentioned will do flawless work, and will have your gun back to you when they say they will. And, in the event something was not quite kosher, they will not jerk you around, but will make it right. That is worth a helluva lot more than the price of shipping. Consider yourself warned. Good luck.