View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
Persistence strikes again. Tracking moose in the fresh snow. Life's good! Congrats to the misses
Yeah, life is good when you've got fresh snow and a moose tag. I can never quite decide if I like tracking more than still hunting, but tracking is for sure my favorite way to hunt moose. For one its got a personal feel to it, I'm not just matching wits with moose in general but I'm trying to out smart a particular moose. For another it feels like I'm playing the game by the forest's rules. With the exception of the rifle which only usually gets you about 30-50 yards in the bush your going after game much the same as any other predator, just following the track till it ends. And I absolutely love that pins and needles feeling I get when a hot track starts to weave around looking for a bed, and I know the bugger is probably within 100 yards.

The down side is that the moose gets to die where he wants, which usually leaves you with a tough haul out.

Last edited by Bushleague; 10-15-2017 at 08:27 PM.