Thread: Changes for all
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 07:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
I don't like #2. T me it reads I can sell my line but there is no gaurantee the guy buying it will be given the line which to me means there is no way anyone would hand over any money for a line if they were not gauranteed to get it and therefore no sale lol
Sounds like it will all be placed back into the Govt hands and done with what they may.....

Using a lawyer and putting the money in trust will work.

Also the other new change that if you die as the senior holder your family can no longer trap unless they have a license. If they do not have a license does this mean they take the line from you and put it up for auction? None of my family has a license right now as my kids are too young and my wife doesn't want to get a license as it's not her passion like mine. Would be sad to buy a line and have it stripped from you and you loose all that money you put into buying a line.....

Always have an exit strategy to protect your assets. It may be prudent to formally have your Wife take the ATA Course and get a licence. She will also have to show fur sales as well though. Finding a qualified buyer for lines will be difficult. It will take a Jr. Partner a few years to qualify.

They want fur sale receipts as it is important in seeing if fur species management is being done correctly? lol That's a huge joke. There are so many variables there I won't even get into. What a crock of crap.......

Just another one of the changes. No choice here.

If the biologist has an issue with what is going on with your line he can strip it from you and or provide a probation period and make you take courses or take a JR on? Hope you don't get a biologist with an attitude and wants to make you take a pile of courses for no reason.......

We have one with a big attitude here which I experienced during the transfer of our line. It's very sad to say but I'm glad we got out of our line when we did.

Looks like if you forget to submit a fur harvest by Sept 30th you can loose your line. I hope I don't get forgetful the older I get or my line is gone.......

If you fail to renew your license by Sept 30th again your line can be stripped from you? BS. Hopefully a friendly reminder is given if your again brain does not remember.......

This use to be the deadline date for renewal so I guess now they are going to enforce it.

Licenses will be given to Resident trappers for Private and crown land not in an RFMA. I like that. I know it can be done now to trap crown land not in an RFMA but it is not easy to get it. Hopefully this change is that you can trap all crown land and it is an easier process......

I like that they want to make changes to make sure guys are trapping. I agree with that but in doing so it sounds like it can possibly be a hassle for a lot of reasons with some new changes. A lot of this kinds of info worries me to be honest.

Also I would like to know how they are making this known to trappers. If you are not looking on AO right now you wouldn't have a clue. Where is my registered letter telling me to keep my fur receipts from this year and I may need to provide them?
If trappers are not notified of these changes the correct way I see some major issues in the future
I am sure all RFMA holders will get a notice in the mail as we did concerning the Public Land Issues. Or they could hand it out when you renew.

JMO some of the "changes" were in place previously and now going to be enforced. Some of them may ensure lines are trapped properly and are active. Some good, some bad but that's the way it is I guess.

BEST GET TO KNOW THE BIOLOGIST THAT WILL BE ADMINISTRATING YOUR LINE.

Last edited by martinnordegg; 07-15-2016 at 07:16 AM.