View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskbooknut View Post
Don't forget the Canadian meat processor that forged animal health certificates, and gave an opening to this Chinese trade embargo.

There is one meat processor in Canada that should be hung, drawn and quartered.

I’d not be remotely surprised if said importer/processor specialized in importing to China and spoke their language fluently. They just hung out entire meat industry out to dry from their personal greed and that speaks volumes about their character.

I think we all need to be more diligent in ensuring we minimize our purchases of Chinese origin to the bare minimum. Sometimes no other option exists and we have to make the choice of not buying at all, but hopefully as consumers we can let our voices and purchasing power create more market options.

I many be the odd man out here, but I think it was important that we arrested this woman, it shows that the rule of law actually exists here. I’m happy that a person who would normally get away with murder in their home country is not immune to legal process here. It shows that we abide by our treaties, even at great risk to ourselves. If you drop a promise the moment some pressure is applied you’re not a trustworthy human, same goes as a nation. As the arrest warrant was legitimate and we have such agreements with the USA I’m glad that we abided by it. People are imagining there would be a stage for such requests to go through where we screen potential detainees for wealth, political connections or such; if we had such a thing, any extradition treaty would be useless from the outset. Heck, by flying where she did she knowingly risked arrest, imagine any incident be it mechanical or weather that could have diverted the flight to Hawaii or Alaska (I don’t know the flight path so I’m speculating). Even bad weather in Vancouver or Victoria could have had that flight landing in Seattle and we’d not be in this mess. Anyways, I believe in honouring ones obligations, a promise is not just for fair weather, easy agreements.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 06-26-2019 at 07:57 AM.