View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
My guess when he said "I flew into Auckland" he literally flew into Auckland and changed planes, never left the secured part of the airport, and, so, officially he's right, but based on that, I'm not sure anyone would be allowed to clear customs and make landed entry and enter the country without a special Visa or travel waiver.

I guess we will wait for the reply. Maybe he has such a VISA, or perhaps has a waiver or is a resident or citizen affording the ability to make landed entry.

The reason I was curious is we have some businesses down there, and they are letting Canadians and Americans OUT but nobody in my company has been allowed back IN (and we are an essential service in most jurisdictions).

Visas and Waivers have been suspended for landed entry - so the choice for these people was stay in, or you are welcome to leave, but will not be allowed back in unless you are a citizen. Even permanent residents require a waiver to get back in, and at least one guy, who's now in Toronto has not been granted re-entry.

Either way, all of my info is second hand through the company (and some people I know out east) - I don't handle this stuff myself and maybe that's not the case - I dunno.

I posted a link to the current rules and regulations down there. They've been in effect since ballpark March 15.

He was trying to make it sound like he simply flew to NZ and had a lovely holiday and anyone can do the same. Easy peasy right? Wrong.

Travel to New Zealand

New Zealand’s border is closed to most travellers and entry is strictly controlled. All arrivals are tested for COVID-19 and a 14-day managed quarantine or isolation is mandatory.

New Zealand citizens, permanent residents and residents with valid travel conditions returning to New Zealand do not need approval from Immigration New Zealand before travelling.

Temporary entry and resident visa holders must follow health instructions in New Zealand
Everyone in New Zealand is required to follow health instructions that are in place relating to COVID-19.

Any new resident and temporary visas granted are now subject to a specific visa condition requiring them to comply with:

any order made under section 11 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response Act 2020, and
any order made under section 70 of the Health Act 1956 and listed in schedule 2 of the COVID-19 Public Health Response Act 2020, and
any instruction from a Medical Officer of Health which relates to a notifiable or quarantinable disease.
This includes Australian citizens and permanent residents of Australia, who are granted resident visas on arrival in New Zealand, regardless of their intended length of stay.

If you do not comply with these requirements, you may be liable for detention or deportation for breaching the conditions of your visa.

Last edited by 270person; 07-03-2020 at 08:25 PM.