Thread: From the ATA
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expedition View Post
Anne Coles and her husband have a line (as I understand) why would she post a letter that undermines their situation. I believe the letter to be genuine.
I'm curious how you would suggest that the highlighted quote would "undermine" their situation?

Like the PCs did, the NDP government are regularly using consultants in drafting policy, plans and procedures. I would be surprised if developing Trapping policy would be different.

And let's remember, the Government has a legal obligation to include public consultation on most of its work, which can be accomplished through the use of consultation committees. This consultation requirement is unique and higher when Aboriginals are effected, as they are for trapping.
Did the government really do this without aboriginal consultation?

So far, this just doesn't pass the smell test.

To be clear on my reasoning for posting the question. I have no knowledge or evidence of how this administration document was developed. It appears that no one else here does either. I posted the question as a suggestion direction for those involved to becoming informed on who actually is behind this. If it was just AEP staff, who? Were the others?

When simple questions are difficult to get answered....

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."