Thread: Hoyt
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 04:00 PM

Default Rx1

I tried them out quite a while ago initially, and my immediate impressions were that they were an improvement on the Defiant series of carbon bows. The equalizing yoke on the bottom, and the lowered grip placement were among the top items that caught my eye as big positives! The mass weight really meant nothing to me, since I just add weight to all my bows to make them feel right for me. I did like the draw cycle a little better too, with the new cam design. Overall, I thought that they were definitely a winner!

I recently re-tried them. This time, I was interested in a direct comparison between the Carbon Defiant Turbo and the RX1 Turbo, so I packed up my CDT and went to Accurate Archery to visit Lawrence and do some testing! Again, I really liked the draw cycle of the RX1 turbo over the CDT, as it had a much smoother transition to the valley, but the RX1 did load up quicker and stayed smooth through the whole draw cycle. I found that they were very similar after the shot, with perhaps the edge going to the CDT. Vibration wise, they were both very similar, but the edge did go to the RX1 for hold. It seemed to be a little more stable before, during and after the shot.

Finally, through the chronograph......I brought my hunting arrows, which have a finished weight of 423 grains, both bows were at close to 68.5", and were at 28" draw length. The CDT went over at 302 fps and the RX1 went over at 301 fps. Overall, performance was right on the noggin! Both pretty much smoking!

The bottom line - Congratulations to you Sir, you have purchased what could likely be called the best carbon bow that Hoyt has ever produced, and that the world has ever seen. When it comes to carbon bows, nobody even comes close to competing with Hoyt.

Enjoy your purchase and get out and shoot it lots!

Norm