Thread: Hoyt
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
Holy crap, that’s fast from that Defiant. I have the Pro Defiant 34, 29.5” 63lb, 449 grain arrow and I’m at 265fps over one chrono and 270 over another one. Theoretically, from the calculators, with the same set up but with a 390 grain arrow I can get to 285fps.
You are using a #3 cam I believe? A #2 cam maxed out will outperform a #3 in medium setting but the he draw will be a little more stout.

I brought it to the bow whisperer (Lawrence) to lengthen out the draw for me because I'm a 29" draw but the #2 only goes to 28. Lawrence twisted up my cables a bit to stretch it out a little and swapping the factory handle with side plates got it to where it feels like a 29" draw. As an added bonus I gained 5lbs draw weight. My Carbon Defiant Turbo shoots about 2fps or 3fps faster than my RX1 Turbo but that's at the top end of the #2 cam on the Defiant so I'm not surprised.

I have been bringing all my bow to Lawrence for many years to tune for me and I always walk out of there with a smile from ear to ear. I bet he could even make a Mathews feel good!!!!