Thread: Hoyt
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 10:35 PM
Banned

I went to the shop a few weeks back and shot the RX-1 along side my Carbon Defiant and actually preferred my Carbon Defiant. Then I shot my Carbon Defiant Turbo along side the RX-1 Turbo and preferred the RX-1 Turbo. Then I shot the RX-1 along side the RX-1 Turbo and preferred the RX-1 Turbo.

I sold my Carbon Defiant Turbo and bought an RX-1 Turbo, but still think I like my Carbon Defiant better than the RX-1 Turbo.

The RX-1's have a nice draw and nice valley, but they like to jump at the shot, and for some reason the regular RX-1 seems to have more jump than the Turbo model??? Another thing is, is they are about 1/4 pound heavier than the Carbon Defiant. The new RX-1's tune a lot easier than the Carbon Defiant did, but that doesn't matter to me because I just have Lawrence at Accurate Archery set up my bows for me and they all shoot bullet holes. The new grip on the RX-1 is nice but I still prefer side plates. They moved the grip lower on the bow to improve balance but after it's all decked out I can't feel the difference.

Like all new bows, it's the best thing ever, but time will tell if it lives up to the hype I guess. And ya, they are pricey, about $500 over priced if you ask me.

So as far as the Turbo model goes,

Pros:
Easy tune
Nice factory grip
Fast
Nice draw
Has a valley
Has a rear stabilizer mount built into the riser
The new blackout edition looks sick!

Cons:
Heavy
Has a bit of a jump compared to the Defiant
Does not have an adjustable rotating mod like the Defiant Turbo
Over priced

All in all I figure it's a pretty nice bow but I haven't shot it with a sight yet to be able to get a real feel for it. Just have to dress her up with some green strings and dampeners.