Thread: Well excuse me!
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by couleefolk View Post
For myself, I don't believe in using mechanical safeties. My firearm is active when I am shooting, and muzzle control is my safety. Anyone that comes over to my place to shoot is told upfront that using a safety will not be tolerated at my place, muzzle control is your safety, and if that does not work for you don't bring out your firearms. I have seen guys flicking their safety on and off while standing around talking. I have seen a hammer slip off the thumb, muzzle control sent the bullet downrange to the target. I felt bad for the lady that shot her son through the horse trailer, but in actuality it was poor muzzle control on her behalf that killed her son. Their is a false sense of security with these mechanical safeties, and it seems Remington dropped the ball on this one, even if it is still lack of muzzle control for the accidents. I wonder how many folks actually shoulder their rifle to undo the safety? From some of the articles I have read, it sounds like a lot of folks' guns were fired from the hip, which I would not want to do if I was shooting a magnum pointed at the ground in front of me, I would probably fill my pants.

Sure glad I live nowhere near you.....
An accident looking for a place to happen.
Keepin ones booger picker off the trigger is a whole lot safer than what your saying along with the safety engaged, not to mention knowing whats in the chamber...
It doesnt take long to find those threads as catnthehat has provided links too.
Thanks cat.
Best Regards,
Rob