Thread: "My Spot"
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 02:28 PM
Banned

Default "My Spot"

Had a very interesting encounter with a guy this morning. Parked my truck at 5:30 am at the only public access to 3 1/4s of awesome Crown land. Hiked in, set up, called two different bulls in (shooter and a rag) and walked back out. Didn't see or hear any sign of another guy anywhere in the area. A couple hours later a greasy looking little guy pulls into camp screaming about how "I ruined his hunt". Managed to decipher through his obscene rant that he owns a 1/4 that borders the Crown. He had walked in from his yard apparently and unbeknownst to me I had got between him and a bugling bull. This guy screamed for ten minutes about "******* ethics" and then tells me "stay out of my spot or I'll call the fish cops".

How in depth does he expect a person to get when checking for other hunters prior to walking in? Should I rent a chopper and scan it all with thermal imaging first?

He has spent the last four hours screaming up and down the lease road we're camped on, making dust and firing an SKS or something steady. Rcmp don't care, Fish and Wildlife will be another couple days before they call back most likely.

This stuff gets worse every year