View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
In my experience, wolves are very very easy to call in - just howl. Your voice is fine, does not need to be perfect. They are territorial they will come right in, often at a run. Coyotes I have only had success with distress calls, and I have called in a lot. But I read about people calling in coyotes so I think depends on the area, and time of year.

The hard part with wolves is finding them because they travel so far and need to be close enough to hear you call. If you get onto fresh sign you will certainly have them come in. Day old sign could mean they are many miles away. There is nothing more exciting having a big dog or a pack of them running towards you!

You may or may not get a response to your howl right away. Sometimes they will respond from a long ways a way and keep howling as they get closer, sometimes they will run in silently and only call when they are close and trying to figure out what you are! Getting into prime time for predator hunting in another week or two.
You should post a picture of some of the wolves you've called in and shot. Everybody likes seeing wolves 😊