View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman940 View Post
Matt, My Father-In-Law found a Belgium Browning BLR .308 at a garage sale in Oregon 7 years ago, still wrapped in the cosmoline paper it came in. He picked it up for $400. It shoots sub MOA and is one of my favorite rifles. I put a Nikon MONARCH 3 2-8x32 BDC scope on it to keep it streamlined. The only bad thing I have had happen with the rifle is that is does not want to shoot in sub 20 deg F temps. Yes, all the grease is gone, I sent it back to Browning after it wouldn't fire in the field on KS winter. The could find no reason why this is an issue. Needless to say, it is a 40 deg and above rifle but fun to shoot. We did a deer management hunt years ago and my son took 16 doe with it in 1 afternoon. All the meat went to a food bank in N. TX. It is a warm weather shooter for sure!
Thanks for the heads up! A new rifle is a few years away for me, but it needs to work in cold temperatures for sure given how cold in can be here end of November! They sure feel beautiful shouldered in the store.