Thread: Changes for all
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 08:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
We came within a whisker of losing it all a few years backs. The GOA was getting rid of the RFMA system south of highway 16 and creating a free for all. The ATA had to agree that traplines must be utilized for trapping. That was the agreement but as usual a few years, a few round table discussions and we see the abortion that came out of the simple premise. I don't see this changing the prices or how traplines change hands. The GOA fears litigation on this and know they can't win in court.
That's kinda like I said isn't it? The GOA didn't come up with this on their own and Alberta trappers had a hand in it. Maybe it backfired? Who knows.....Who'll tell?

I don't have a dog in the fight so I am not as passionate about the RFMA issue as people that do. What I do have an issue with is that all of this is coming to light on a thread on AO when it appears to me that this has been talked about for several years. I shouldn't have to know the right people and/or attend picnics in order to know what the major trapping issues are in Alberta.

I'll take your word for what you stated because there is no where to find any information about any of what you wrote. Not trying to be an ass, just pointing out how little info is available to us peons.