Thread: Changes for all
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
I think this is in the very early stages as Rob has stated. A while ago the government of Alberta sued a trapline owner for the proceeds of the sale of his line. If it was considered an asset that they could sue for the revenue over it gives us a lot more rights than what the document posted here outlines. I think I will wait to see the outcome of the discussions before I load my gun. LOL
OK, it is bound to happen and it seems I crossed up a couple of conversations so I'll set the story straight. here is how the precedent setting case actually goes:
A trapline was forfeited in a bankruptcy and the creditor had it auctioned off where it was sold to the highest bidder. The government allowed the auction to take place and signed off on the deal setting a very interesting precedent.
My apologies for getting it wrong the first time, however even I understand the precedent set in the case.
If you have any points you would like to be brought up at the upcoming discussions on this put them in writing and email them to you local president or district director. They are very interested in getting all your feedback on the proposed changes.