View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 10:13 AM

I saw a guy BEHIND an archery counter in a small town do this with a new bow that come out that advertised 99% letoff... He drew the empty bow with a release and then very carefully pointed bow at floor LET GO OF THE RISER and the weight of the bow held it drawn... I saw this and before I could say Holy S he must have twiched and the bow fired and launch itself from his release and hit the ceiling.... I never saw a bow shoot itself before....! There was no visible damage and beck on the sale hook it went!... that shop is now out of business.

I saw a person in an archer counter tie a d-loop onto a recurve so a guy could shoot it with a release!....

I have seen so much wrong stuff at the paper tune rack it is funny:

Guys trying to tune arrows that are totally under or over spined but insist that they are the right arrows and they save $30 on ebay buy buying them.

Guys moving their rest all around when it is their torquing of the bow causing the issue but they are bound and determined it is a "bow" issue.

Guys who move paper tune rack to 18 yards and shoot through it... Your system is really out of whgack if it is giving a bad tear there... or they leave it where the tip of arrow is striking butt before arrow is completely through paper and adjust for that tear!...

When I see guys comparing releases to see whose trigger is the hairiest!...

TOO MUCH INSANITY!...

the one that really gets me is in an archery shop where you see someone pick up a bow and go to draw it and you automatically remind them not to dry fire it and they give you a dirty look and tell you that they already know that... I get tired of explaining that i don't know them form Adam and that I can't tell who has experience and knows this rule and who does not... that I am just cautious because many people who do not know dry fire the bow....

Now I see so many shops who cable tie their bows and have demo bows behind the counter so that they can be shot under supervision...and then people come in and complain because they cannot feel the draw cycle... I said why feel how it draws when it is only part of the story... come try the bow!...

What really gets me is when bow hunters see someone shooting an Olympic style recurve and are amazed at how accurate they are with such "archaic equipment" Not realising the riser on an Olympic style bow probably costs more than their complete setup.

I also have seen this when i was coaching an archer on olympic style recurve and a trad shooter comes over and tells them to anchor with their finger in corner of their mouth....and that they don't need all the fancy stuff on their bow (stabilizer, sight etc.)

Or when a trad shooter bugs me about using my "training wheels" i explain that they are not wheels they are eccentrics.... and at least mine are on the bow not just shooting it!...

People coming up with a string that has 4 strands intact wondering if it will get them through hunting season!... I usually answer yes if they use a rifle!...

Or they guy with a $3500 bow setup shooting the cheapest arrows he can find on the internet