View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Makes sense!
Just wasn't sure what was meant by the relationship of a Fall pup and swimming. I would still disagree with your assessment regarding the two style of Labs. My hunting partner and I have one of each, mine is a pure breed English style Lab, while his is a Pure breed American style . Although they both are excellent hunters, there is no doubt as to which lab is bigger , stronger and faster or more Athletic if that is more a suitable term. His Lab will launch itself into the water ., while mine will eagerly go in and retrieve , but takes at least twice the time. My observation is that the shorter stature of the English style does not permit the speed or agility in the water compared to her American Buddy. Not to say that she is not a capable swimmer, just comparing the two , there is a massive difference.
You can't make an assessment from two dogs. One may very well be genetically superior to the other regardless of which bloodline they come from. Males are bigger and faster than most females if they are well conditioned. Training and nutrition are important factors as with any athlete. There will even be differences in speed and swimming ability within a litter.