View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Anyone got any info on the Frac companies? Looking at that instead now. Would that be better for money and family?
I wouldn't haul livestock. Had a few guys on my crew who have done it and none of them had anything good to say about it. Even running hard the money isn't great, same goes for most trucking.

I work for a large well service company. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me. Most companies run a 15 and 6 schedule, if you do frac, coil or fluid be prepared to be gone the entire 15 days. Cementing, N2 or bulk transport can have some hitches at home and some away. When it's busy in the middle of winter expect to only be home for 8-10 hours and then off to work again. The good thing is you get your 6 days off and don't have to worry about your phone ringing. As for pay, do you have a class 1 already? Probably be making 70 ish k a year to start with a class 1 and no experience. Once you can run a pump (2-12 months depending on your aptitude) you are looking at ~100k. More equipment, supervising ect. You will be 130k +. Unlike trucking there is a lot of room for career advancement, but it's a lot harder work too.