View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I am worried it is pot, but I am sure willing to try and tig it for you
Yeah...I hear ya, Ken. I am just not knowledgeable enough to say one way or another. I will see if I can get an informed opinion and get back to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Not sure if you can stick it either, ken.
I will ask a top shelf outboard mechanic/welder and let you know what hhe recomends!
Cat
Hahaha...well played!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
This might sound wacky but it's incredibly strong. Vee it out and fill the vee with super glue. Before the super glue dries pour baking soda on it.
Not sure how it works but there is a reaction that hardens the super glue rock hard instantly.
My old boss at the fibreglass shop I worked at showed me that trick to fix pot metal parts. Never had one come back.
Well...isn't that interesting?! I could just buy a replacement...and try your method as an experiment to see if that works.

"There seems to be alot of urinating in breakfast cereal around here." - Rackman, 2010

"It is true, there are dead beat dads out there, and there are thousands of dead beat moms too, who live off the efforts of good men trying to do the right thing." -KegRiver, 2011

"You have social media to thank for turning everyone into self-righteous know-it-alls.." -random internet dude, 2015