View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 05:22 PM

Default Update

Well...some good news. Apparently the steering bracket is okay...no damage at all. I thought it may have been cracked but once I got the bolt for the tiller handle off (and the remaining chunk with it), everything else was fine. Huge relief because that was the more expensive part and even more of a PITA to remove as the whole powerhead has to come off first.

So here is what broke: the neck of the tiller handle where it bolts into the steering bracket. I will check all the places you guys have referred (thanks) and get a replacement....but I think I will send the two pieces up to Ken and see what magic he can do with welding this aluminum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170815_171410.jpg (58.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 20170815_171433.jpg (46.2 KB, 41 views)

"There seems to be alot of urinating in breakfast cereal around here." - Rackman, 2010

"It is true, there are dead beat dads out there, and there are thousands of dead beat moms too, who live off the efforts of good men trying to do the right thing." -KegRiver, 2011

"You have social media to thank for turning everyone into self-righteous know-it-alls.." -random internet dude, 2015