View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 04:44 PM

Question Any Tenkara fishermen out there??

I have been thinking that a Tenkara rod would make at least a good back up for fishing the smaller mountain streams and might just be fun to try.

I am wondering how many members we have here that uses them or at least has used one?

Seems unlike most things there isn't as huge of a big difference in prices. Seems like the Higher end rod set up is around $200.00 where the cheaper ones you can find for around $80. At most we are talking $150.00 difference. unlike conventional fly rods where the difference can be over $1000.00

I can only assume that like almost everything else, you get what you pay for but with only $150.00 in the difference between the best and the worst how much different can they really be? Obviously the difference would be in the quality of the blank but when you do not need line speed or tight loops how much does that really matter?

If you have one please let me know the brand and how you like it, if you compared it to any other tenkara rods and how much you actually use it.

I would like to find one of those unsung heroes brands where you really get the value for the dollar ... HAHAHA Does ECHO make a Tenkara rod??

Thanks for the help.