View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 04:21 PM

A fella thought maybe he had received a restricted registration revocation letter from the RCMP, he asked about it and rec`d an answer from someone who actually had rec`d one, apparently his isn`t, but, people may start receiving these letters;

I have gone through this process of dealing with a Revocation of Registration Certificate a number of years ago. All owners of newly prohibited firearms due to the 1 May 2020 OIC and the follow-on RCMP reclassification, which is on-going, of other firearms after the announcement of the OIC will be receiving a letter that LOOKS LIKE a letter of Revocation.

That is not a revocation letter. It does have some similarities to a revocation letter as some of the detailed info in a revocation letter is in this RCMP letter. This is simply a letter from the RCMP giving you notice that your Firearms as listed in the letter are now prohibited due to the OIC and it states some of the current disposal options including the expiration date, 30 April 2022, of the amnesty. The way I see it, this is the RCMP and Liberals' "cunning" way of not triggering people filing a judicial review under Section 74 of the FA. Furthermore, if an appeal under Section 74 was possible with the use of this letter, I would not be initiating a Section 74 until the last days of the amnesty period. It will be interesting to see what information The CCFR will be posting regarding this letter and Section 74.

There is no hurry to do anything. Note that the standard 30 day period to file a Section 74 appeal is not mentioned in the RCMP but only the expiration date of the amnesty. My Revocation letter had the 30 day period for filing clearly indicated in my letter that I received some 9 years ago. My firearm sits on my bookshelf deactivated to remain me of the injustice done to me by the Canadian Firearms Program / RCMP. Hope this helps.

I have decided to post my Revocation Letter of 9 years ago for educational / information purposes. I am sure that a Revocation Letter today, 2020, will be near identical. A Revocation Letter will be sent Registered Mail as it is the only way that the RCMP / CFP can ensure that you have received the letter or that the attempt to deliver the letter took place. Furthermore, as the Revocation Letter is time sensitive due to the 30 days that the owner has to file for a judicial review under Section 74 of the Firearms Act, Registered Mail is a requirement. The letter will also be sign by the National Firearms Registrar. I have posted pictures of all that was included in the envelope.

As I have already stated, no one should be in any hurry to do anything due to receiving this letter. Unfortunately, I have no doubt that many uninformed people will act on this letter and dispose of their firearms sooner than later. I am sure that this was one of the objectives of sending this letter to all affected firearms owners. You will only get a letter from the RCMP / CFP for those firearms that were registered meaning they were restricted firearms already and now they are newly prohibited firearms due to the OIC and follow-on RCMP reclassification of other firearms. The RCMP / CFP can only send this "individualized" letter to firearm owners who have restricted firearms (which are now newly prohibited).

I hope this post is informative. If you think that you have a pit in your stomach after reading your letter, wait for the feeling when you actually have to take action to exercise one of your options of how to deal with the firearm. For some of you, it will not be an option to deactivate your firearm as you need / want whatever money may be part of the "Confiscation Buy Back Program". For me, I will be adding to my wall, reminders of the injustice that the RCMP / CFP and the Liberal Government have done to me as a legally licenced law abiding firearms owner and citizen.

I will look at those deactivated firearms everyday to remind me WHY I will always fight for legal firearm ownership and my rights to own private property. As well, it reminds me why I am a member of The CCFR and CSSA, why I donate to these organizations and to the current court challenges. This is the time for all firearms owners to support these court challenges, support these organization and others, must vote out the Liberals and must support each other no matter what shooting sports we partake in. There couldn't be a more critical time than now to get involved. Everything you do counts: letters, emails, signing Parliamentary e-petitions, CCFR / CSSA membership, donation to all of the court challenges, talking to friends and neighbours about the current issues at hand with the OIC, and support your Conservative MP (volunteer to help them win, donate to their campaign, etc). GET INVOLVED BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. IT STILL ISN'T TOO LATE.

Last edited by 32-40win; 07-18-2020 at 04:39 PM.