View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 10:11 PM

Here is what i did with some free corregated plastic. Election signs that are tossed are perfect size as well.
I made 50 of these and have had them out for 2 years now

My go too now that are cheap and work real well are these next ones. It has taken me a bit to perfect them. Not shown here but I put a screw through the bottom and through a piece of wood towards the back of the box. This way i can stick bait on it as the plastic is slippery when at a slant on a leaning tree set. One roofer nail in the front of the box to nail it to a tree and one longer nail at the back into a tree and it is good to go.
I get them here https://www.stuewe.com/products/treepots.php and are the TP 812 model and are $1.30 US. Shipping is a bit but i grab them when I am down visiting the inlaws when in Southern AB and take a 20 min drive into Montana to pick them up. Usually I don't get charged duty and gst. Depends on the day and who I talk with at the border. I have used them now for 2 seasons. I have had a couple knocked off the trees by bears but the other critters don't bother them much. I can carry as many as I need on my skidoo for all my sets if needs be and they are lightweight. You have to cut the trap slots fairly wide. The trap barely fits inside so its the trap jaws that actually keep it in the box. They are my favorite. I plan on bringing home a couple hundred this summer again for a few people.