View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
I agree, love shotgun, great build!

Also the JK’s are great platform, great resale, super robust, get the pentastar versions which start in 2012 I believe. Not super great highway rides but 100-110 km/h pretty livable. For 10 year olds options tough to beat and the older Cherokee 4.0 liter are pretty sought after (XJ’s) by off-road crowds. I’m not a fan of Toyota but those old four runners seem popular like the Cherokees.
Mines a 12 with the 3.6 and the six speed. It was more then comfortable on the hwy at any speed for any duration with pretty decent fuel mileage. Any that aren’t comfortable on the hwy probably suffer from a poor lift/geometry. I would of preferred a regear to 4:88 but the 4:10 was tolerable on light 35’s with that idrive chip to speed up the throttle response.
If I ever move back and build it I’ll put 5:38 gears in it with a V8 and auto transmission on 42’s.

I had a 92 hilux and 01 4Runner and now being in Oz the hilux, prado, land cruisers and cruiser utes and they can’t/don’t hold a candle to what a jeeps capable of.

Last edited by Coiloil37; 03-07-2021 at 12:50 PM.