View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 09:46 AM
Banned

If researching market a good resource for mileage comparisons is fuelled.com. A lot of great options in this thread but most have zero mileage and many not current or likely findable options.

If one needed more robust than a Subaru wagon then the Jeep Wrangler jlu would fit the bill, a rubicon stock or add a few things to lesser models. Trade some comfort and some economy for a far better more robust off road rig. The previous gen JK’s are still 75/25 trail/road worthy but the newer JL’s are true 50/50.

The only way to approach single digit liters per 100km fuel economy is the Subaru wagons or a diesel Colorado. One you can count on for resale and reliability and the other may be a lottery there. Otherwise best mileage in a truck be 2017 or newer ridgelines at 11.5 l/100km combined on fuelly. But not one to get far off the lease roads.

Toyota stuff doesn’t do comfort well imo and many complaints on that regard but reliable and good resale yes...mileage no.

I had a pentastar ram get wrecked recently and it was awesome for a half ton and it got better economy than the Tacoma’s. I’ve since gone Jeep gladiator lifted on 37’s with 4.88 gears and manual transmission same pentastar v6 so now my mileage is in line with v-8 half tons but I’m happy about it. I’m driving a unicorn so it’s worth it to me.

Have fun on fuelly.com. Set some targets on economy and see how few options there are in this regard.

Subaru some of the smartest vehicles available imo. Honda Ridgeline pretty amazing also. Big fan of Jeep wranglers also, the newer JL’s...great blend of compromise and capability and can do ok on mileage if you do t get carried away with tires/mods...the pentastar is a great motor.

Last edited by Stinky Coyote; 03-07-2021 at 09:53 AM.