View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 04:33 PM

The answer to this problem has been around since the 40’s but became more evident in 2007 when they built the unlimited. You guys drive past them every day and don’t see it because most never get used in the dirt. I hated jeeps until I used one and saw what they’re capable of being built like.
My tj was a weapon and went anywhere a quad would plus down the hwy with a windshield, heater, air conditioning and radio. Two passengers no problem, dead elk in the back many times. Four passengers was a hindrance. The swampers howled on the hwy but the performance was worth it. 4:88 gears, lockers in both axles and a winch on each end, I called it a shotgun. Just point and shoot, couldn’t miss.

The jku had to replace it for a hunting rig due to a growing family and I never built it the way I wanted because we left the country. If I ever move back I’ll build it with a GM V8, one ton axles and put it on coilovers, 42’s, flat fenders 2.5-3” lift and add a winch on the caboose. Even stock it got around just fine and what a joy on the hwy compared to the tj.

On a 1.5” lift and 35’s it did better although I don’t have many action shots on my phone.

Here’s overnight gear, a calf sled, two kids in car seats and a dead moose in her.

I have some 35” maxxis bias ply tires for it too but they’re in the sea can waiting with the Jeep for whenever I visit the motherland again.

The ultimate hunting rig is a built Jeep and your imagination and budget is the only limitation.