View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 07:29 AM

It wasnt fancy or anything, but my Kawasaki KLR 650 was for sure the best scouting machine I've come across. I'd pick my way down bush roads and rough trails real slow looking at tracks. Once I'd hit the end I could blast back down it at an ungodly speed, back out onto the highway and on to the next road with no loading/ unloading. About $20 worth of fuel would get me 350kms of this.

Also not so exotic as allot of the pipe dream vehicles listed here, but incredibly effective, my military surplus snowshoes. I've acquired quite a collection of snowshoes over the years, but these are my favorite. With a good base of snow, big snowshoes are like 4x4 for your feet, allowing you to travel right over thick underbrush that you would have trouble passing through in the summer. There is no better way to make some serious off-trail miles IMO.

By the time I've found a good concentration of tracks with the dual sport during the summer, then made a couple loops through the area on snowshoes, I've got a pretty good chance of connecting even on the very first time I hunt that area. I cant see any amount of money, spent on some fool machine, actually making for more effective scouting.